Birmingham Immigration Lawyers
0121 667 6530 (local rate)

Mon - Sun, 8.30 am - 6 pm

Find an office

10 offices in the UK


We are the UK's leading immigration specialists
OISC Accredited UK immigration lawyers
We've had over 5000 applications approved
Get the correct advice from qualified immigration experts
4.7 rating 414 reviews

UK Visas

Get in touch with one of our expert immigration lawyers to find out the best UK visa for your needs,

Call us on 0121 667 6530 for immediate help and assistance. We are available to speak over the phone or via online call.

    Request a call back from our immigration experts

    What are the UK visas?

    You must apply for a UK visa to enter the United Kingdom if you are a foreign national of a visa-required country.

    Every visa has different requirements and eligibility criteria, and you must submit a number of documents for every visa application.

    If you would like any information on our visa services, including how to prepare and submit a visa application, our team of immigration lawyers in Birmingham are ready to assist you.

    Call us on 0121 667 6530. We are available to speak over the phone or by online call.

    Immigration Advice Service 4.7 rating 414 reviews Logo

    UK Family visas

    One of the most popular forms of visas are Family Visas. These are designed for family members of foreign nationals who are living in the UK.

    Some of the different family visa categories include:

    The page has further information on who can apply for a Family Visa.

    UK Partner visas

    Partner Visas are available to foreign nationals who are married to, engaged to, or in a civil partnership with a British national or settled person.

    There main types include:

    • Spouse Visa: This is one of our most popular visa services. It is available to foreign nationals who are married to a British citizen or person with settled status.
    • Fiancé Visa: The Fiancé Visa is for foreign nationals who are engaged to a UK citizen or person with settled status. In order to qualify, the marriage must be conducted in the UK within six months of the date of the application.
    • Unmarried Partner Visa: This is for long-term, unmarried partners of British citizens or settled residents

    UK Investor, business development and talent visas

    The investor, business development and talent categories are designed for individuals deemed to be of high value to the UK economy.

    This category replaces the former Tier 1 category.

    The primary categories include:

    • Innovator Visa: This replaced the old Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa. Applicants must have their business idea endorsed by an approved body, and be able to make a significant capital investment in their business
    • Investor Visa: the most exclusive of all UK visas. To qualify for this visa, you must have at least £2,000,000 to invest in the UK
    • Start-up Visa: replaced the old Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur Visa. It is designed for new entrepreneurs who wish to set up their first business in the UK.

    Contact our team of expert immigration lawyers to learn more about our visa services today.

    UK Long-term work visa

    There are a number of long-term worker visas for applicants with specialist skills such as accountants, IT professionals and healthcare workers.

    The employer (or sponsor) must hold a valid Sponsor Licence in order to issue a Certificate of Sponsorship

    The visa categories are as follows:

    All of the long-term permissions may be extended (e.g., Skilled Worker Visa extension) if the holder applies for an extension before their current permission expires and they meet the eligibility requirements.

    Some of the long-term work and business development visas can lead to indefinite leave to remain or British citizenship.

    UK Short-term work visa

    The Temporary Worker Visa is designed for workers taking up temporary jobs in the UK. These visas are not intended for those who wish to remain in the UK for long periods of time.

    These categories replace the old Tier 5 categories.

    • Temporary Worker – Charity Worker Visa (T5)
    • Temporary Worker – Creative and Sporting Visa (T5)
    • Temporary Worker – International Agreement Worker Visa (T5)
    • Temporary Worker – Religious Worker Visa (T5)
    • Temporary Worker – Seasonal Worker Visa (T5)
    • Youth Mobility Scheme Visa (T5)

    UK Student visas

    Student Visas are for international students who wish to undertake studies in the UK at a school, college or university.

    In order to be eligible, applicants must hold a Confirmation of Acceptance Studies (CAS) from a UK educational institution.

    As well as this, the organisation must be an approved educational provider holding a Sponsor Licence.

    The main student categories include:

    Get in touch with our expert immigration lawyers for more information about UK visas. Contact us

      Request a call back from our immigration experts

      UK Visitor visas

      You can apply for a Visitor Visa for many different reasons, but you must prove that the reason is a genuine one.

      Another key requirement is to be able to show that you are obligated to return to your home country.

      The primary main types of visas for visitors include:

      Other UK visas for visitors

      The aforementioned immigration routes are the ones most commonly associated with UK visitor permissions.

      However, there other routes which fall under this category:

      How Birmingham Immigration Lawyers Can Help with your UK visa

      Determining the right visa for your needs and getting the application right is a big challenge with high-risk factors. It demands meeting every eligibility requirement and making the correct application to avoid a refusal. At Birmingham Immigration Lawyers, our team can guide you in making a strong UK visa application.

      We can help you gather all the required documents and also serve as your representative at the Home Office. If you applied yourself and got a refusal, our experienced lawyers are also available to help you appeal.

      For more information about the different UK visa requirements, how to apply and help with any kind of UK visa application, call us on 0121 667 6530 to begin your journey or contact us online today.

      Advice Package icon

      Advice Package

      Comprehensive immigration advice tailored to your circumstances and goals.

      Application Package icon

      Application Package

      Designed to make your visa application as smooth and stress-free as possible.

      Fast Track Package icon

      Fast Track Package

      Premium application service that ensures your visa application is submitted to meet your deadline.

      Appeal Package icon

      Appeal Package

      Ensure you have the greatest chance of a successful appeal. We will represent you in any case.

      Advice Package image

      The Advice Package

      During this untimed Advice Session with our professional immigration lawyers in London, you will receive our comprehensive advice, completely tailored to your needs and your situation.

        Request a call back from our immigration experts

        Request the Advice Package
        Application Package image

        The Application Package

        With our Application Package, your dedicated immigration lawyer will advise you on your application process and eligibility. Your caseworker will then complete and submit your forms to the Home Office on your behalf.

          Request a call back from our immigration experts

          Request the Application Package
          Fast Track Package image

          The Fast Track Package

          Our Fast-Track Application Package is a premium service for those who need to submit their application in time with their deadlines. Your case will become a top priority for our lawyers and you will benefit from our highest-quality services.

            Request a call back from our immigration experts

            Request the Fast Track Package

            The Appeal Package

            By choosing our Appeal Package, you can rely on our lawyers’ legal knowledge and experience to ensure you have the highest chance of a successful appeal. We will also fully represent you in any hearings/tribunals.

              Request a call back from our immigration experts

              Request the Appeal Package

              Get in touch with our team today to learn more about our professional services and to find out how we can help. Learn more

                Request a call back from our immigration experts

                Related pages for your continued reading.

                Frequently Asked Questions

                If you are a citizen of an EU country, EEA country, Switzerland or a select group of non-visa required countries (including some Commonwealth countries) you may not need to apply for a visa to enter the United Kingdom.

                However, citizens of all other countries will need to apply for a visa. The particular visa you need to apply for depends on the purpose of your visit.

                Call us now on 0121 667 6530 to speak with one of our expert immigration lawyers about UK visa services.

                Depending on your nationality, your purpose for visiting the USA, and other relevant circumstances, you may be required to apply for a visa to enter the United States.

                If you are travelling to the USA for work purposes or to join a family member, you will need to apply for the appropriate employment or family visa.

                If you are just visiting the USA for a temporary visit (e.g., for tourism purposes), you may be able to apply for a visa waiver if you are eligible. As a British citizen, you can apply to the US Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA). This allows you to remain in the country for up to 90 days without a visa.

                If you are a British citizen and hold a British passport, you may travel to Turkey without a visa and stay for up to 90 days in any 180-day period.

                You don’t need a visa for Europe if you’re travelling from the UK for a short trip and you are a British citizen with a British passport. However, you will be required to present your passport. In most countries, you may stay for up to 90 days in any 180-day period.

                You should be prepared to show your return or onward ticket and that you have enough money for the duration of your stay.