What is a Fiance Visa?
If you’re engaged and plan on marrying your British partner in the UK, you will need to apply for a UK Fiance Visa. This route is designed to enable overseas nationals to enter the UK for marriage or civil partnership purposes. You must intend on beginning a new life here in the UK with your partner.
As a general rule of thumb, your partner must be British – but he/she can also be someone with Settled Status. This includes if your partner has naturalised as a British citizen.
The Fiancé Visa will expire after 6 months and are only granted under the assumption that you will marry within this period in the UK. Once the 6 months is up, you will need to apply for another form of immigration permission to remain. Most usually switch from a Fiance Visa to a UK Spouse Visa, but you will need to make sure that you still meet the requirements.
How much does a Fiance Visa UK cost?
If you are applying outside the UK, the Fiance Visa will cost £1,523. However, for those applying in the UK, a Fiance Visa application costs £1,033.
You may wish to pay £1,643 for the Premium Service.
If you are applying with dependents such as children, this charge will also increase per each person.
What are the Fiance Visa requirements?
The Fiance Visa requirements dictate:
- You must get married within 6 months or enter a civil partnership
- You must intend to live with your spouse permanently after you have been married in the UK
- You must meet a minimum financial threshold;
- You must have met each other in person at least once;
- You must be able to speak English at a certain level
The documents in your Fiance Visa portfolio
The Partner Visa route is one of the most complex immigration routes. The requirements are notoriously stringent to satisfy.
In addition, you will need to submit a portfolio of supporting evidence for your Fiance Visa. Both you and your partner will need to send the application off with details about the both of you.
You will need to send documents, including:
- Your name and date of birth (passport)
- Copies of the photo page/any old passports/visas
- Details about the relationships – long you have been together, how you met and how often you see each other with evidence such as travel tickets
- Details of previous marriages and/or children
- Prior divorce certificates (if applicable)
- Details of any criminal convictions
- Details of the countries outside the UK which you have lived in and visited
- The date of birth and nationality of your parents if you are applying from outside the UK
This is by no means an exhaustive list. Here at Birmingham Immigration Lawyers, we can help you apply for the Fiance Visa and submit your portfolio of evidence for you.
How can Birmingham Immigration Lawyers help?
Applying for a Fiance Visa or an Unmarried Partner Visa requires submitting a plethora of documents. It is vital you fill out your application honestly and in full. Failure to satisfy the requirements and provide enough evidence is likely to see your visa refused – which could have catastrophic consequences if you have made wedding plans.
Many applicants fail to provide enough evidence with their Fiance Visa.
That’s why we offer comprehensive application support and untimed advice sessions. We also:
- Consult with you remotely if you cannot make it to our Birmingham office
- Assess your general eligibility for the fiance visa
- Help you to switch onto the UK Spouse Visa
- Renew your documents and assess your portfolio
- Submit a Letter of Representation which highlights the merits of your case and character
- Liaise with the Home Office throughout the application journey
Call us on 0121 667 6530 for immediate help and assistance.
Comprehensive immigration advice tailored to your circumstances and goals.
Designed to make your visa application as smooth and stress-free as possible.
Fast Track Package
Premium application service that ensures your visa application is submitted to meet your deadline.
Ensure you have the greatest chance of a successful appeal. We will represent you in any case.
The Advice Package
During this untimed Advice Session with our professional immigration lawyers in London, you will receive our comprehensive advice, completely tailored to your needs and your situation.
The Application Package
With our Application Package, your dedicated immigration lawyer will advise you on your application process and eligibility. Your caseworker will then complete and submit your forms to the Home Office on your behalf.
The Fast Track Package
Our Fast-Track Application Package is a premium service for those who need to submit their application in time with their deadlines. Your case will become a top priority for our lawyers and you will benefit from our highest-quality services.
The Appeal Package
By choosing our Appeal Package, you can rely on our lawyers’ legal knowledge and experience to ensure you have the highest chance of a successful appeal. We will also fully represent you in any hearings/tribunals.