We are the UK's leading immigration specialists
OISC Accredited UK immigration lawyers
We've had over 5000 applications approved
Get the correct advice from qualified immigration experts
4.7 rating 414 reviews
Tier 2 Intra Company Transfer Visa

Tier 2 Intra Company Transfer Visa

If you are considering applying for a Tier 2 Intra Company Transfer visa in the UK, our team of OISC accredited immigration lawyers in Birmingham are here to assist.

We can assess your eligibility and provide practical assistance with your Tier 2 ICT visa application; both completing and submitting your application to the Home Office.

We have extensive experience in all areas of immigration, from nationality law to asylum law.

To enquire about our comprehensive and unique packages, contact our client care team on 0121 667 6530. 

Request a call back from our immigration experts

What is a Tier 2 Intra-Company Transfer Visa?

The Tier 2 Intra-Company Transfer (ICT) Visa is one aspect of the the Tier 2 Visa category in the UK.

Generally, it is for skilled employees of multinational organisations who are being transferred to the UK in order to fill a relevant post in a sister company which cannot be recruited locally.

If you are an employee who is being transferred to the UK, you may be eligible for a Tier 2 ICT Visa.

Both your employer and you, the employee, must meet specific requirements in order to qualify for a Tier 2 ICT UK Visa.

For example, you must meet the minimum income requirement, which differs depending on which route are apply through: either the Graduate Trainee route or as a Long-term staff applicant.

Our immigration lawyers in Birmingham are equipped with extensive knowledge and experience in all aspects of immigration law. This includes the UK Tier 2 Intra-Company Transfer Visa.

If you require legal advice tailored to you and your needs – or practical assistance with the completion of your application – our team of dedicated immigration specialists are here to assist.

Contact us today on 0121 667 6530.

Immigration Advice Service 4.7 rating 414 reviews
Reviews.io Logo

Am I eligible for a Tier 2 Intra-Company Transfer Visa?

To qualify for a Tier 2 Intra-Company Transfer Visa, both you and your employer must meet specific requirements depending on your personal role and circumstances.

The Tier 2 ICT Visa is for non-EEA nationals who have been offered a role in a UK branch of the organisation in which they are employed.

There are two distinct routes within the Intra-Company Transfer Visa. These are:

Long Term Staff Tier 2 Intra-Company Transfer

You will undergo this route if you are being transferred to a role in the UK branch of a multinational organisation.

To be eligible, you must have worked for the company for at least 12 months unless the organisation is paying at least £73,900 annually for the position – in this case the 12-month requirement doesn’t need to be met.

Graduate Trainee Tier 2 Intra Company Transfer

If you are a graduate who is transferring onto a graduate trainee programme to take up a specialist role, this route is for you.

To qualify, you must have recently graduated and have at least 3 months of experience with your employer overseas.

Once you have determined which route is suitable for you, you must ensure that you meet the following criteria:

  • A valid certificate of sponsorship has been issued
  • You have personal savings which you can access to support yourself during your time in the UK
  • You can demonstrate your travel history over the previous five years
  • You can prove that you have worked for your employer overseas for at least 12 months
  • Your salary meets the specified threshold

How do I prove that my employer is a valid sponsor?

Before applying for the Tier 2 Intra-Company Transfer visa, your employer must sponsor you.

You must therefore be employed by a licensed sponsor who holds a valid Tier 2 Intra-Company Transfer Visa sponsor licence.

To prove this, you must provide a Certificate of Sponsorship within your application.

A Certificate of Sponsorship is an electronic record detailing your personal information and an in-depth explanation of the job you have been offered.

Your sponsor will provide you with a Certificate of Sponsorship reference number, which you must include within your application.

What is the Minimum Salary Requirement for a Tier 2 Intra-Company Transfer Visa?

The minimum salary requirement for the Tier 2 Intra-Company Transfer Visa is dependant upon which route you take (whether the Long Term Staff or Graduate Trainee route).

For the Long Term Staff Intra-Company Transfer, the minimum salary requirement is £41,500.

Whereas for a Graduate Trainee, the required salary is £23,000.

It is important to note, however, that your personal salary requirement may differ depending on the context of your application.

For example, if you are extending your Tier 2 Intra-Company Transfer Visa, the salary requirement may differ.

If you require legal advice and support with your Tier 2 ICT application, one of our immigration lawyers in Birmingham can assess your eligibility and provide a detailed step-by-step plan.

Call our client care team today on 0121 667 6530.

Get in touch with our expert immigration lawyers to learn how to apply for a Tier 2 Intra-Company Transfer. Contact us

Fill out the form

Which documents do I need to provide in my Tier 2 ICT Application?

Within your Tier 2 Intra Company Transfer Visa application, you must provide the following documents:

  • A Certificate of Sponsorship reference number
  • Your passport or travel document
  • A bank/building society statement or letter which proves that you have enough personal savings (if required depending on your specific Tier 2 ICT route)
  • Any passport which has expired
  • Tuberculosis test results document if you are from a listed country

You must provide the original version of these documents; photocopies will not be accepted. If your documents are not already in English or Welsh, you must ensure that they are translated before submitting them to the Home Office. However, both the translations and the original documents must be sent.

How much do I need in personal savings in order to qualify for the Tier 2 ICT Visa?

In order to demonstrate to the Home Office that you are able to financially support yourself while living in the UK, you must have a certain amount of personal savings.

You must provide that you have at least £945 in your bank account for 90 consecutive days prior to submitting your application for the Tier 2 Intra Company Transfer Visa.

However, there are circumstances where it is unnecessary to meet this requirement.

For example, if your sponsor is a fully approved A-rated sponsor and can support you with £945 to cover your costs when you arrive in the UK, you do not need to have this amount in personal savings.

To discuss your personal circumstances and eligibility with an experienced, qualified immigration lawyer in Birmingham, call us now on 0121 667 6530.

For legal advice and assistance with your Tier 2 ICT Visa application, please do not hesitate to get in touch. Learn more

Fill out the form

Advice Package icon

Advice Package

Comprehensive immigration advice tailored to your circumstances and goals.

Application Package icon

Application Package

Designed to make your visa application as smooth and stress-free as possible.

Fast Track Package icon

Fast Track Package

Premium application service that ensures your visa application is submitted to meet your deadline.

Appeal Package icon

Appeal Package

Ensure you have the greatest chance of a successful appeal. We will represent you in any case.

Advice Package image

The Advice Package

During this untimed Advice Session with our professional immigration lawyers in London, you will receive our comprehensive advice, completely tailored to your needs and your situation.

Fill out the form

Request the Advice Package
Application Package image

The Application Package

With our Application Package, your dedicated immigration lawyer will advise you on your application process and eligibility. Your caseworker will then complete and submit your forms to the Home Office on your behalf.

Fill out the form

Request the Application Package
Fast Track Package image

The Fast Track Package

Our Fast-Track Application Package is a premium service for those who need to submit their application in time with their deadlines. Your case will become a top priority for our lawyers and you will benefit from our highest-quality services.

Fill out the form

Request the Fast Track Package

The Appeal Package

By choosing our Appeal Package, you can rely on our lawyers’ legal knowledge and experience to ensure you have the highest chance of a successful appeal. We will also fully represent you in any hearings/tribunals.

Fill out the form

Request the Appeal Package

If you wish to find out how you can transfer to the UK, our team is happy to assist. Learn more

Fill out the form

Related pages for your continued reading.

Frequently Asked Questions

If your application for the ICT visa is successful, you will be entitled to bring your family to reside with you in the UK as dependents.

This includes:

  • Your spouse or partner
  • A child under 18
  • A child over 18 if they’re currently in the UK as a dependent

However, dependents must meet particular requirements of their own. For example, they must have £630 available to them, even if they are applying separately. These funds must have been in either your bank account or your dependent’s bank account for at least 90 days prior to your application.

If your dependent is currently outside the UK – and they will therefore be applying from abroad – they myst have their biometric data and photograph taken at a visa application centre.

If your family member is already residing in the UK, they may be eligible to extend or switch their current visa to become a dependent of you.

Our immigration lawyers in Birmingham are able to provide detailed legal advice and assistance with your ICT visa application, including the applications of your dependents.

For more information, contact our client care team on 0121 667 6530.

Generally, you are not permitted to switch from the Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 General Visa.

However, in exceptional circumstances, you may instead be eligible to transfer from the ICT Transfer Visa to the Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa or the Tier 1 Innovator Visa.

For those looking to work for a new employer in a new role, you may apply for a Tier 2 General Visa as long as you qualify by meeting the necessary requirements. Typically, you should wait 12 months before applying for a Tier 2 Visa.

If you are earning £120,000 or more as a transferee under the Intra-Company Transfer route, this ‘cooling off’ period of 12 months is not necessary.

You should generally receive a decision from the Home Office regarding your visa application within a time frame of three weeks from the date it is received.

However, this may not always be the case – the time it takes to process your application largely depends on the complexities of your personal situation and whether your initial application contained the relevant and sufficient level of supporting documentation.

If you wish to get a decision within five working days, you may pay an additional £500 for the priority service. Or, for those who may be extremely limited on time, paying an extra £800 will allow you to receive a decision within just one working day.