Aston Immigration Lawyers
I Want to Apply for a UK Visa. Do I Need to Hire an Immigration Solicitor in Aston?
It is not a requirement by law to hire an immigration solicitor if you want to apply for a UK visa. However, we highly recommend that you do so. It is only through hiring an immigration legal professional that you can be sure that your application has the greatest chance of being approved.
Unfortunately, visa application rejections are common. If your application is rejected, you will need to submit another one, which means more time and money spent.
Our team of experienced immigration legal specialists understand what it takes to formulate a successful application. With many years of experience in the field, we offer expert guidance and assistance on all forms of UK visa and immigration applications, including Spouse Visas, Tier 2 work visas and Indefinite Leave to Remain applications.
Our lawyers are all OISC-accredited, giving you the peace of mind that you are dealing with qualified and experienced professionals. We have developed a reputation of the highest order for the exceptional service which we offer to the people of Aston and the wider Birmingham area.
What Services Do Your Immigration Lawyers in Aston Offer?
Our Aston immigration lawyers offer assistance in all areas of immigration law. As well as standard visa applications, we also offer assistance to UK businesses who wish to hire foreign nationals and provide emergency support to asylum seekers and to those who have been detained. In short, we cover the full spectrum of immigration law.
We offer a number of specialist packages including:
- Advice package: This is for those who would like to discuss their immigration case with one of our immigration lawyers. In the untimed session, you will have the opportunity to ask any questions you may have
- Application Package: This is our most popular service. With our application package one of our immigration caseworkers will work with you to complete your visa/immigration application
- Document & checking service: We will take a professional look at your application and advise you on any mistakes which need rectifying
- Appeal package: If your visa or immigration application has been refused and you wish to challenge the Home Office’s decision, we will support you through the process
To find out more about these packages and all our services, please do not hesitate to get in touch. Call our friendly team now on 0121 718 7022.
What Can I Expect from the Application Package?
Our application package offers you the chance to have your visa/immigration application completed by an immigration legal expert, maximising your chances of securing your UK visa/immigration permission.
We will take the time to understand your case and specific circumstances and will pair you with an immigration lawyer who is experienced in the area of immigration law which your case relates to.
They will work with you to establish which documents you will need to include in your portfolio of evidence. They will help you to source your documents and will ensure that they adhere to the administrative standards set by the Home Office.
Once your portfolio of evidence is ready for submission, your immigration caseworker will complete all relevant application forms, before submitting your full application to the Home Office.
We will liaise with the Home Office throughout the application process and we will keep you updated on the application’s progress when it is going through the processing stage.
We are confident in saying that through hiring our services, you will give yourself the best possible chance of achieving the outcome you are looking for.
What are the Requirements for a Spouse Visa?
If you are a non-EEA national and wish to join your spouse/civil partner in Birmingham, you could be eligible for the Spouse Visa.
The Spouse Visa is a highly sought-after immigration permission which offers holders the possibility of working and/or studying in the UK without any restrictions.
However, the Spouse Visa has stringent requirements which you will need to meet. The main requirements for the Spouse Visa are as follows:
- You must be at least 18-years-old
- You must be in a marriage/civil partnership which is recognised by UK law
- You must pass the genuine relationship requirement
- You must have a combined annual income with your partner of at least £18,600
- You must be able to prove that you have lived together for at least two years
- You must be able to demonstrate that you have suitable accommodation to live in with your partner (and any dependents)
- You must be able to understand and communicate in English to a certain level
The Spouse Visa lasts for 30 months and you can apply for a Spouse Visa extension which lasts for a further 30 months.
If you are a non-EEA national and you want to study in Birmingham, you must apply for a Student Visa.
The main requirements for the student visa are as follows:
- Must have been offered a place on a course at a recognised educational establishment
- If you are not from an English-speaking country, you will need to be able to demonstrate that you can understand and communicate in English to a certain level
- You must have enough money to support yourself (and any dependents) during your time in the UK and to pay for your course
The validity period of the Student Visa depends on the length of your course. It can be extended if your circumstances haven’t changed significantly.
Our Aston immigration lawyers are here to help you every step of the way on your student journey in Birmingham. To find out more about our Student Visa application package, please call us now on 0121 718 7022.
Yes, we offer full support and assistance to those who wish to work in Aston and the Birmingham area. In order to be eligible for a UK work visa, you must have been offered a position in a UK company.
There are two forms of UK work visas: Tier 2 and Tier 5. Tier 2 visas are for long-term positions, whereas Tier 5 visas are for those entering into temporary positions.
There are four different Tier 2 visas:
- Tier 2 (General): For skilled workers who have been offered a position in a UK company
- Tier 2 Intra company Transfer Visa: For those who have been offer a position in the UK branch of a multinational company
- Tier 2 Minister of Religion Visa: This is for those who are entering into a position in a UK faith-based community
- Tier 2 Sportsperson Visa: For internationally recognised professional sportspeople
We can offer full assistance in UK work visa applications. We have helped numerous people to relocate to Birmingham to work. Call us now on 0121 718 7022 for more information.
If you are a non-EEA national, you will need to apply for a Standard Visitor Visa if you wish to visit Birmingham as a tourist or to visit friends in the city. This is the case even if you only plan to visit for a short period of time.
This visa lasts for six months and will allow you to travel throughout the United Kingdom during this period. You will need to apply for a different immigration permission if you wish to extend your time in the UK.