Birmingham Immigration Lawyers
0121 667 6530 (local rate)

Mon - Sun, 8.30 am - 6 pm

Find an office

10 offices in the UK


We are the UK's leading immigration specialists
OISC Accredited UK immigration lawyers
We've had over 5000 applications approved
Get the correct advice from qualified immigration experts
4.7 rating 414 reviews

(BRP) Biometric Residence Permit For Ukrainians

Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) verifies your identification and serves as proof of your permission to remain in the UK. You are required to obtain a Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) to extend your stay in the UK for up to 3 years on the Ukraine Scheme.

To know more about the BRP Ukraine scheme, the eligibility criteria, and how to apply, Birmingham Immigration Lawyers can help. Call one of our friendly immigration lawyers on 0121 667 6530 or contact us online.

    Request a call back from our immigration experts

    Overview Of The Biometric Residence Permits (BRP) For Ukranians

    The Home Office issues the Biometric Residence Permit (BRP). It is a credit-card sized photocard that contains your name, picture of your face, date and place of birth, your immigration status, including all the conditions of your stay in the UK.

    You may be required to submit your biometrics at the Home Office within 6 months of entering the UK. However, this depends on when and how you applied for a visa through the Homes for the Ukraine Family Scheme or other UK Ukraine Schemes.

    Upon a successful submission of your biometrics after you have entered the UK, your 6 months visa will be extended for up to 3 years. Also, you will be issued a BRP as proof of your immigration status that also enables you to receive the incentives and services to which you are legally entitled in the UK.

    You can complete the Ukraine Scheme Status in the UK online form to begin the process of submitting your biometric information. Immediately after your details have been received, you will be directed on how to provide your biometric information.

    While submitting your biometric information is important to obtain your BRP, you must not submit it immediately you enter the UK. This is because you can provide your biometric information within the 6 months leave you are issued.

    Immigration Advice Service 4.7 rating 414 reviews Logo

    Allow our team of legal experts to help you with the UK immigration processes for Ukrainians. Contact Us

      Request a call back from our immigration experts

      How To Apply for a BRP

      All Ukrainian applicants for a BRP must be 18 years old and above. When applying for a BRP, there are two kinds of applications you must keep in mind.

      First, if you visited a visa application centre abroad to provide your biometrics or used the ‘UK Immigration: ID Check’ identity app during your application, then you have applied for your BRP during this process.

      When you provided your biometrics, at a visa application centre you:

      • Were given a document, otherwise known as an entry clearance vignette, affixed to your Forms for Affixing a Visa (FAV), or to your passport, to be used during your trip to the UK.
      • Were issued a letter that specifies the following actions to be taken, such as how to collect your BRP.
      • Have verified the address you planned to live at in the United Kingdom. Your BRP will be readily available for pickup at a UK Post Office close to the address, which you will have chosen with assistance from VAC officials. The email that you received when filing your application online to the scheme, and the letter you were issued by the VAC with the Post Office address.

      Therefore, you must go and pick up your BRP once you enter the UK. Usually, you have to do this within 10 days of landing in the UK, or before the vignette sticker on your travel document expires, whichever comes first.

      Your decision letter will state the place you must go and get your BRP, which could either be from:

      • Your sponsor, if you chose your sponsor while applying.
      • A named Post Office branch, usually the one closest to your place of residence in the UK.

      Secondly, if you did not use the ‘UK Immigration: ID Check’ app during your visa application, you must apply for a BRP when you enter the UK. Although this application must be made within 6 months of your arrival to the UK, it is advised that you start without delay as the BRP will help you leave and re-enter the UK if the need arises.

      You must locate your nearest biometric centre to submit your biometric information (fingerprints and photographs) in person. You are required to apply for BRP online and book an appointment, as these are the two steps involved in this process. For these two steps, you are required to create different accounts.

      If you would like the help of an interpreter, you can choose that. Although it could appear as though it is “charging” you for services, in reality, you will not pay anything because those prices will be subtracted.

      The cost of your biometric appointment, any interpreter services, and your BRP application is free. The QR Code seen on the email that confirms your appointment must be presented in person, together with your passport. Keep a copy of your Permission to Travel letter email on your phone as well.

      Safeguard your Unique Application Number (UAN) as it will help you prove your rights in the UK, should there be delays to your BRP. A National Insurance number is not contained on the BRP, therefore, cross-check your BRP to know if there are any errors because you only have 10 days to report any issues with it.

      Keep in mind that while the stated end date on the BRP card is 31 December 2024, you can still remain in the UK for up to 3 years as it is still reflected in the system. You will be directed on the right action to take when the time comes.

      BRP Application Processing Time

      Typically, it takes about 7 to 10 days after you receive a decision letter or email from the Home Office confirming that you are permitted to stay in the UK. However, it may take longer if your BRP is being delivered to Isle of Man, Isles Scilly and Scottish Highlands or islands.

      If your BRP has not been delivered after 10 days of receiving a decision email or letter, it is advised that you track your BRP’s delivery on the Royal Mail tracking website. You may reach out to Royal Mail for assistance with the delivery of your BRP.

      The guidance will direct you to either arrange a redelivery or get your BRP from the local delivery office of Royal Mail. Keep in mind that if you do not pick up your BRP or reschedule delivery within the next 18 days, it will be sent back to the Home Office.

      BRP Is Lost or Stolen


      If your BRP is lost or stolen, you can file a report about it whether you are inside the UK or abroad. However, application for a replacement of a lost or stolen BRP can only be done inside the UK.

      Once you report it, you will be contacted by the Home Office within 1 working day. This report may be crafted for you by a legal representative, your employer, university or college. If you need to get benefits and need to prove your immigration status, you must tell the government department, NHS service or local council that you have reported your situation to the Home Office. Thereafter, the Home Office will be contacted for the confirmation of your status.

      If You Reside in the UK

      If you reside in the UK and your lost or stolen BRP had 3 or more months of validity period, you must apply for a replacement after reporting it. You need to file this report within 3 months of losing your BRP. Note that you may be deported from the UK or fined about £1,000 if you fail to apply for a replacement within 3 months.

      However, you are required to take the below actions if your BRP’s validity is not more than 3 months:

      • If you are not planning on staying in the UK after its expiration date, report it as lost or stolen.
      • If you intend to re-enter the UK after leaving the country within the last 3 month’s validity.
      • If you wish to remain in the UK beyond the expiration date of your BRP, you must apply to extend your visa.

      If You Are Outside the UK

      If you are abroad, you must file your report about the lost or stolen BRP outside the UK. You can only apply for a replacement BRP visa that allows you to re-enter the UK 1 time as you are not allowed to apply for a replacement BRP outside the UK.

      You are required to pay £154 to apply. When you return to the UK, you can apply for a replacement BRP.

      If you have any questions about biometric residence permit, our team is happy to assist. Contact Us

        Request a call back from our immigration experts

        Reporting Changes in Your Personal Circumstances

        You may notify the Home Office of certain changes in your personal circumstances. Some of these changes in Personal circumstances include:

        Name Change

        You must provide your most recent name and title. You must ensure you provide evidence of the change of name, such as deed poll, marriage certificate, and so on.

        Contact Details 

        You must provide details of your address change, revealing the previous and new addresses including postcodes of your residence. Your telephone numbers must be provided along with the area code. You must provide the amended email address.


        Specify your former and present nationalities if you have changed them since your initial application. It is necessary to provide proof of this change, such as a fresh passport or a certificate of nationality issued by the national government.

        Passport Details

        If you have a Ukrainian passport, get the passport number, the place it was issued, the date it was issued, and the expiration date. Include the criminal reference number or police report from the time the loss or theft was reported, if you obtained a new passport due to the original document being lost or stolen.

        Criminal Convictions

        You must provide all relevant information, including the court name, the date and location of the sentencing, the offence for which you were found guilty, and your punishment.

        Representative’s Details

        If you change your representative, you must notify the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) and not the citizenship application services. The details of the new representative must be made available, such as telephone number, name and full address along with postcode.

        It is necessary to mention their OISC reference number, Unique Reference Number, or information about their exemption. Should the agent be filling out the documents, it ought to be attested in this area that a letter of authorisation has been obtained verifying the agent is on your side. This form must be used to enclose the letter.

        Dependants’ Details

        Generally speaking, your dependents who stop being dependent on you for whatever reason are not eligible for additional leave to remain in the UK. Your dependent’s current leave may be reduced as a result of the altered circumstances. As a result, your dependent must either depart the country or take action to regularise their presence by requesting leave under an alternative immigration category.

        Relationship Breakdowns

        Upon the permanent breakdown of the relationship with your dependent partner, you are required to provide the date both of you stopped living together. You can also include your partner’s current resident address.

        It is ideal to present the date you stopped staying with your partner and the new address, if your dependent under the points-based system is filling out the form and your relationship has totally broken down.


        You should notify UK Visas and Immigration right away if a child who came to the UK as your dependent is no longer living with you permanently. If at all possible, you should provide the dependent’s new address.

        When filling out this form, your dependent child should provide a new address and the reason for departure (e.g., to start university, move in with someone else, or get married) if the child no longer resides with you permanently. The dependent must state if they plan to depart the United Kingdom or if they have applied for a different type of leave.

        How Birmingham Immigration Lawyers Can Help

        The Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) will help Ukrainian citizens to remain in the UK beyond the 6 month period allowed on the visa you are issued. Applying for and obtaining a BRP requires expertise and good knowledge of how to navigate the application process.

        Even when you are issued a BRP, you must pay attention to the permit and cross-check it to ensure that all the details are correct. You will only be allowed to cross-check for errors within 10 days. This and many other reasons is why it is important to leave applications of this calibre in the hands of Birmingham Immigration Lawyers.

        We are professionals in handling UK visa applications and immigration law. We have helped Ukrainian nationals obtain a Ukraine residence permit UK to remain and stay in the country.

        If you are looking to apply for a BRP from outside the UK or inside the UK, our Birmingham Immigration Lawyers are always ready to offer you a helping hand. If your BRP is lost or stolen, we can help advise you on how to get it back.

        If you have personal circumstances that require you to make some changes, our immigration lawyers will assist you to effect those changes. Let us help you schedule a Ukraine biometric appointment for the BRP.

        If you need information about the Ukraine Scheme visa, Ukraine Extension Scheme, or other services we offer, get in touch with us today. Call us today on 0121 667 6530 or message us online.

        Advice Package icon

        Advice Package

        Comprehensive immigration advice tailored to your circumstances and goals.

        Application Package icon

        Application Package

        Designed to make your visa application as smooth and stress-free as possible.

        Fast Track Package icon

        Fast Track Package

        Premium application service that ensures your visa application is submitted to meet your deadline.

        Appeal Package icon

        Appeal Package

        Ensure you have the greatest chance of a successful appeal. We will represent you in any case.

        Advice Package image

        The Advice Package

        During this untimed Advice Session with our professional immigration lawyers in London, you will receive our comprehensive advice, completely tailored to your needs and your situation.

          Request a call back from our immigration experts

          Request the Advice Package
          Application Package image

          The Application Package

          With our Application Package, your dedicated immigration lawyer will advise you on your application process and eligibility. Your caseworker will then complete and submit your forms to the Home Office on your behalf.

            Request a call back from our immigration experts

            Request the Application Package
            Fast Track Package image

            The Fast Track Package

            Our Fast-Track Application Package is a premium service for those who need to submit their application in time with their deadlines. Your case will become a top priority for our lawyers and you will benefit from our highest-quality services.

              Request a call back from our immigration experts

              Request the Fast Track Package

              The Appeal Package

              By choosing our Appeal Package, you can rely on our lawyers’ legal knowledge and experience to ensure you have the highest chance of a successful appeal. We will also fully represent you in any hearings/tribunals.

                Request a call back from our immigration experts

                Request the Appeal Package

                We offer immigration advice sessions as face to face appointments at all of our UK offices, or via the phone. Learn more

                  Request a call back from our immigration experts

                  Related pages for your continued reading.

                  Frequently Asked Questions

                  No, Ukrainians are not required to pay for a BRP. This is because the interpreter services, biometric appointment, and the BRP application are all free under the scheme.

                  It is not ideal to exit the United Kingdom without your BRP. You will find it difficult to re-enter the country.

                  Under the Ukraine Scheme, citizens of Ukraine and their families are welcome to visit the UK. Everyone, including kids going with family members, needs to submit a separate application. You need a designated sponsor who is able to offer accommodation for at least 6 months.

                  Under the Homes for Ukraine sponsorship scheme, individuals and groups in the UK can provide a home to Ukrainians escaping the conflict.

                  No, the Ukraine’s Scheme visas have a 3-year expiration date and do not result in settlement in the UK.